"Packaging up a previous nightmare to make room for the rest of your life wasn't easy. "Sometimes things need to be said, and they need to be said, because you’re finally ready to say them! This is a continuing series about: "A really long relationship with a really wrong person." - Michael
I've received over 1500 emails from guys who are or have been in an abusive gay relationship. Emails thanking me for bringing this issue front and center, thanking me for kind words, advice, hope and resources. This column is dedicated to the guys out there, the abused partner in a verbally or physically abusive gay relationship. One third of all gay relationships are abusive, yes one third!
101. When he comes home drunk after one of his "social engagements".
102. When he plays with himself more than he plays with you.
103. When he wears your clothes to go out with other guys.
104. When he pushes you down against a metal chair and you tear a ligament in your knee, you end up losing 20% of your hearing in the ear that was smashed against the metal, and you end up with back and blue marks all over your arms, legs, and face. Your knee is bandaged for a month while you have to use a cane. The doctor takes photos of all the injuries and says if I don't call the police, that next time it happens, his office will.
105. When his lame apology four days later is a dozen roses that die the next day.
TODAY'S ADVICE: If you are offered a book deal - take it!
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT NEXT WEEK! BIG!
I promised myself to let the process move at it’s own speed. When I was ready, I would ship off the old crap from the relationship nightmare that my ex created for me over 18 years. I also realized part of what I needed was to make sure every person along the original route would finally know the truth whether it was via this blog, or other means. Unlike my past eighteen years with him, this would no longer be his continuous abusive surprise package. The truth has been recently packaged on my terms because I was finally ready for everyone to know." - Michael