Sometimes things need to be said, and they need to be said, because you’re finally ready to say them! This is a continuing series about "A really long relationship with a really wrong person." - Michael
66. When he says he's going to make something for me for my birthday, he never gives it to me, and I find it years later unfinished thrown in a closet.
67. When his verbal abuse is so intense, when he has beaten you so far into the ground, when he has become so demeaning and has isolated you from as many people as he possibly can, when you become so afraid to even talk, when you are so scared of him coming home at night, you find it impossible to pick yourself up and ask someone, anyone, to help you.
68. When he stops saying "I love you" because he saves those words for his newest boyfriend.
69. When he gave me a card for our anniversary and I could barely read it because at that point of the relationship I knew he never meant a word of it.
70. When I have to make another trip to the doctor and I'm told if I don't call the police on him, they will.
This is a my personal life for almost 18 years and my continuing series of 1000 Reasons To Leave Him. The trick is to find out before it’s too late and not to close your eyes because you are blinded by how much you love him. Don’t let him use you, take advantage of you, or isolate you. Don't let him manipulate you into staying. Don't let him wear you down so that your self-worth becomes so low you feel like you have no choices. And don’t remain silent because you’re afraid.
Today's Advice: "Old Habits Die Hard" - Is this why he could never stop lying, never stop cheating, and never stop being abusive?