Need a 30-minute dinner with tasty boneless chicken breasts and rice? Grab a skillet, some sassy salsa and a few extras. A great dinner for two for 2 nights, or entertain friends with this delicious easy dinner for four. Preparation time: 25 minutes. Start to finish: 25 minutes.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Giant® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
1. Mix chili powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
2. Stir in beans, corn and salsa. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are hot. Serve with rice.
Variation: Make a quick chicken tortilla sandwich by cooking just the chicken breasts as directed. Spread 4 tortillas each with 2 tablespoons salsa and sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese to within 1 inch of edge. Place chicken breast in center, and fold sides of tortilla over chicken. Microwave briefly to melt cheese.