This chicken-rice combination is one of the most requested chicken recipes. It's a snap to assemble using a boxed rice mix, plus it's low in calories.
Invite a couple of friends over for this delicious meal.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced fat reduced sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 6 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil